Friday, March 11, 2011

I haven't forgotten about you!

The last time I posted was February 6th.  So much has happened since then.
1.  I competed in the Gasparilla Half Marathon on February 27th with a time of 2:15:50.  It was awesome!  As my first half, I couldn't have imagined a better experience.  I enjoyed all 13.1 miles, was totally prepared for it, and honestly was sad it was over once I crossed the finish line. 



2.  J competed in the insanely hot 5k this same weekend.  He rocked the heat and humidity in 29:30. 

3. I interviewed for a full-time position and learned today that I was chosen for the position!  This is something I wanted very badly.  It seems the last four years have paid off. 

4. J has interviewed for a position a heck of a lot closer to home.  We are keeping fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed for this position.  It's an awesome opportunity. 

5.  I took a week off after the half, ran 6.5 miles last weekend, and rocked 10 windy, uphill miles today.  I'm back and it feels great!

6.  I signed up for another half!  This course has some hills, so I've been training the "death march" that is always uphill and against gusting winds - pushing a jogging stroller the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment