Saturday, January 15, 2011

Busy, Busy

Of all the time I have to read blogs, I certainly thought I'd have time to write a few words every few days.  This week was the first full week of the spring semester and it was a busy and eventful one.  My Mom came to visit for a week, while J and T were visiting family in NM.  It was great having her here.  Woo took a major turn for the worst this week.  He had been wobbly at the beginning of the week, which progressed to not being able to get around at all.  It might just be a waiting game for him at this point.  He's on medicine, laser therapy treatment, and frequent visits to the vet.  With complete bladder and bowel loss, it doesn't look good.  I keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
My Mom went back home on Friday morning and later that day, WB and K arrived.  It is nice to have family visiting.  We went to the Salvador Dali Museum after their arrival.  Boy, that was some interesting art.  The building is gorgeous. 
Today, I raced in the Hope for Haiti 5K.  I've been battling two injuries for the past two weeks (knee and hip).  I've run twice in the last two weeks, for a whopping 4.1 miles.  I honestly had no idea how I'd do.  I was hoping to decrease my time, as I'd run 8 miles exactly two weeks ago.  The rest for my hip and knee was good.  I'm thinking it was the adrenaline that kept me pain free throughout the race.  However, I'm feeling it now.  Regardless, I managed to finish 73rd out of 250.  Not bad for very little running in the last two weeks, but certainly not where I wanted to be. 
After plenty of icing and Ibuprofen, I'm hoping to get on with the training this week...especially since I have 13.1 miles to run in 41 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment