Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Year, A New Blog

I'm sitting here on a Sunday night with a sudden desire to create a blog.  I completed more in the field of running in 2010, than I ever could have imagined.  My New Year's resolution for 2010 was to lose weight and get back in shape.  Without any specific goal weight in mind, I managed to lose over 40 pounds from eating healthy and walking 3 miles most evenings.  In May, I wanted to increase my fitness, so I started the couch to 5k.  In September, I completed my first unofficial 5k.  In October, I completed my first 5K in just over 30 minutes.  I knew I could do better, so I signed up for another 5k in November.  This time, I managed to complete the race in just over 28 minutes.  Still yearning for better times, I completed another 5k in December, with a race time of 27:59.  Somehow, these races inspired me to train for a half marathon.  I'm currently seven weeks away from my first half.  I've created this blog as a way for me to keep track of my running.
A couple of goals for 2011:
- 5k race in under 26 minutes
- finish a half marathon in under 2:30
- finish a full marathon
- run 1102 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment